Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1,2012

No time like the present to start blogging about Worlds 2012!  Well today is April 1, and we leave for Worlds on April 25. Our first Worlds!  


For those of pyou that don't know me, I'm Lynette, and my daughter is Katelyn.  My daughter has been part of competitive cheer since she was 7. As soon as she found out about Worlds, her goal was to go there her first year of eligibility (12).  She has worked so hard to get the needed skills (mainly the full, the jumps to tuck came fine), and last year she made a level 5 team.  Their goal was to just get a bid to Worlds, and luckily that happened (with a lot of drama!) at Cheersport in Atlanta.  Many other gyms might not take a team from California with an at-large bid to Worlds, but Victory Cheer in Pasadena, CA is.  I couldn't be more happy.  Our goal of course is to make "Day 2" the finals, but I (and I know others!) are just happy that are kids are going to WORLDS!   I've been thinking a lot about goals.  As I mentioned, Katelyn's goal has always been to just go to Worlds at age 12.  It's not about getting a ring or making top 10.  The goal has been obtained, but I'm sure for some other 12 year olds out there, there is a lot more pressure.  Their experience may not be as fun.  Anyway, my objective is to try to have a good time and not stress out...that may be difficult.. we shall see.


So, now that it is April, I'm thinking, "crap," I better order my daughter some new cheer shoes, so I go to the internet and try my two trusty sources, teamcheer.com (where they have free shipping over $75) and ebay.   I usually end up ordering them on teamcheer.com because of the free shipping.  But, since I seem to live by Murphy's law, if free shipping starts at $75.00, what do you think the shoes cost?  Bingo--you guessed it--$74.99.  So, I end up searching for the cheapest thing I can find on the site which is usually a hideous pair of socks, and end up buying those as well to save on shipping costs.  I now have a collection of pink socks with stars, and a zebra pair.  Lovely--I wear them to curves to give my middle aged moms a good laugh)  Anyway, there is a bigg sale on at teamcheer.com, the cheer shoes are only $49.99 instead of $75.  My pessimistic mind immediately thinks 2 thoughts....1) My daughter's size will not be available, and 2) If they are on sale, does that mean they'll be discontinued, and she'll just be able to wear them one time?  Well fear #1 was true--every size but a 6.  Verdict is still out on #2.


See..all sizes but size 6!  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment